The objects of the Society are:
For the health and well being of canines and the protection of consumers (general public) who purchase them by:
1. Creating and promoting ethical standards in the cross-breeding or general canine breeding industry including home breeders.
2. Creating and promoting operating standards for Breeding, housing and care of canines.
3. Creating a public register of ethical breeders.
4. Taking steps to ensure that member breeders are operating per ethical and operational standards.
5. Liaising with government and other agencies regarding ethical and operating standards for breeders.
6. Protecting the public by exposing unethical breeders i.e. “puppy mills”
7. Providing tools for ethical breeders to improve the well being of canines.
8. Providing materials and information to the general public regarding ethical breeding, operating standards and consumer protections.
9. Providing education to breeders regarding the health, safety and well being of Canines.